Thursday, September 27, 2012

Member Spotlight // Amber Wilson





PMQG: 1) How long have you been making quilts? What was your learning process like?
Amber: I’ve only been making quilts since January of this year. My learning process was looking over a couple books that a friend let me borrow, consulting Google a lot, and then texting nonstop questions to Jen Bailly. She’s been walking me through the steps, and she’s been very patient with me

How long have you been a PMQG member?
January 2012 was my very first PMQG meeting and I became a member shortly afterwards.

What inspires your designs/quilting?
Inspiration for me comes from anywhere and everywhere. A platter at Target with a really cool geometric pattern, the shapes and pattern of apartment windows, a tissue box, artwork, stamps, the list is endless. Part of what I’ve really enjoyed since I began quilting is how I see everything differently now...anything can become a quilt!

How many quilts do you think you've made in your life?
I’ve finished one quilt! However I have 3 other WIP that I’m working on at the moment.

Why do you quilt? What do you enjoy most about it?
I quilt because I love to make. When one is done and I stand back and think to myself “I made that!” 
the mistakes disappear and I’m content. Bringing ideas and fabrics to life in a quilt is something I will 
NEVER tire of.



What is your favorite quilt that you've made?
My favorite quilt so far is the one I’m making for my son. It’s so close to being done, and I’m hoping to 
share it at Show and Tell soon!

Fill in the blank: "When I'm quilting, I feel _______"
When I’m quilting, I feel free and content.



While you're quilting, what is the environment like? 
My environment while quilting varies depending on what time I’m doing it. If it’s during the day, I 
could have kids hanging on my back, or sew for 5 minutes to increasingly louder arguments and/or 
racket in another room, have to stop and come back to it later, or if it’s at night or the weekends when 
said argument and general racket-makers are out playing with their Dad I usually put on Pandora to a 
new favorite station and just lose myself in the process. There’s always music involved though...



Lastly, could you give us a peek into your sewing space? It's always inspiring to see! 
My sewing space is spread out throughout my house at the moment. Fabric storage is in the kids’ 
playroom, and my sewing table is in the living room. To quilt I move over to the kitchen table for the 
extra space. Cutting usually takes place at the table also. I get a lot of exercise when I sew




Flickr: AGypsiSoul
Pinterest: AGypsiSoul
Instagram: agypsisoul

Thanks for sharing with us, Amber!! 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

We love comments but we don't like spam. Thanks for your patience. Your comments will appear soon, we promise!