NW Quilting Expo
Our special exhibit & meet-up - Come join us Saturday morning at 10am, main entrance! We've made a facebook event if you'd like to RSVP there!
Pennar Ash Winery Trip
Thursday, September 27 - meet at Pennar Ash Winery at 11 am for wine tasting, picnic, and the change to photograph quilts in a beautiful setting! Thank you to Anne Woodman for arranging this lovely outing!
Sew, Swap, & Sell!
We are excited to announce that we're bringing back Sew, Swap, & Sell! We'd love to have you bring any fabrics you've fallen out of love with to swap or sell. Need to de-stash? We want your fabrics! If you would like to sell, please make sure you have marked and assigned a value to your fabrics to avoid confusion. Got a project you no longer love? Bring it and swap it? Maybe someone else will be the fresh eye to get it finished.
Who? All PMQG Friends!
When? Sunday, October 7th 11am - 4pm
What? To sew, swap, sell, or if you just want to come by and chat, that's great too!
Where? Staver Locomotive 2537 NW 29th Ave. Portland, OR 97210
How? Because we will be limited on space, you must reserve your space by simply filling out the form below. Sewing machine space is limited, I'll make a note here on this post when sewing spaces are full, it's first come first serve on the google doc. Feel free to bring a quilt to bind!
What to bring:
- Finger food/small dish to share for lunch
- Fabric to swap/sell
- All sewing supplies that you'll need for your sewing project (please rsvp ahead of time!) Irons & ironing boards stations will be provided by board members.
Any questions, please email us at portlandmodernquiltguild at gmail dot com!
Michael Miller Stripe Challenge
Following the success of our last challenge, the PMQG will again be teaming with Michael Miller Fabrics to showcase their new Stripes Collection.
“Stripes” is a collection of large and small-scale stripes and chevrons. MM signature rich colors and an unusual blend of scale make these essential stash fabrics worthy of stealing the show!
Since we’ll take any excuse to play with new fabric, we’re happy to announce the STRIPES!!!! Home Dec Challenge.
The Juicy Details:
1) Paid members will be able to choose between the warm or cool colorway and a bundle of coordinating solids. You can mix in additional cotton couture solids, but please, no additional prints. The stripes should be the focus of your design.
2) When you’ve picked your bundle, get to brainstorming! We’ve decided to ask that you create something in the home dec category, and the more creative your use of the stripes, the better! We’d love to see what new patterns and designs emerge once you start slicing and dicing! For example, bags, mug rugs, wall hangings, table runners, pillows, storage bins, cozies, etc.
3) Once all of the items are finished, we’ll collect them at the October meeting or drop them off at Nancy's Studio before hand. Then, we'll photograph them and he folks at Michael Miller will select their favorite pictures (and possibly some of their favorite items!!) to showcase in their booth at the Fall Quilt Market.
If you weren't able to come to the meeting tonight and would like to pick up your fabric, please contact Nancy at portlandmodernquiltguild at gmail dot com, to arrange to pick up at her studio!
Here are a few interesting and different ways to play with stripes! Thanks again so much to Michael Miller for generously donating so much fabric!
Home Dec Ideas & Tutorials:
Travel Handmade Pinterest Page - Assembled by Sewing Summit - Tutorials made by many bloggers
Fabric Scrap Basket by The Sometimes Crafter
Open Wide Zipper Pouch by Noodlehead
Patchwork Tote Bags by Susan Beal
Let's Have Cake! by Ellison Lane Quilts