Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sew What You Love Book Review





I had the opportunity to spend a little time with the book Sew What You Love by Tanya Whelan. I love the variety of patterns the book has to offer, there are sections on Handbags, Sewing for Little Ones, the Home, and Clothing. The projects range from simple totes for the beginning sewer to working with knits and pleated skirts. I decided to make my Dad a tie. It's a deceptively simple project so the detailed instructions were so helpful. I love how it turned out and am thinking some of the new Constellations fabric by Lizzy House will be a good choice for a Christmas tie. 





Great features about the book are the wire binding, I just love it when a book will stay open all on it's own, the really detailed illustrations, and well written instructions. I was so excited I gave my Dad the tie before I took the photo sorry. 


I can show you the fabrics I used.The main fabric is Shadow Leaf by Pepper Cory and for the lining I chose the floral print Bryant Park. 
This book will be one of the giveaways at our PMQG meeting this month see you this Thursday the 15th! 

Pétra

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments but we don't like spam. Thanks for your patience. Your comments will appear soon, we promise!