All applicants should be able to make the time commitment to the monthly guild meeting, a monthly officer planning meeting, special events like quilt shows or Sew Days, as well as time for the individual duties of each position. If you have any questions, please feel free to drop us a note! You may apply for more than one position if you have multiple interests. We will be accepting applications now through midnight on November 15th, 2013.
Note: Members who will be serving as an officer on another guild board in 2014 are not eligible to apply to be a PMQG Officer in 2014.
- Arrange for, schedule and facilitate meetings for Monthly Officers meeting and PMQG meetings
- Assist/Coordinate in planning monthly PMQG meetings
- Assist in maintaining Blog, Google Docs, and Flickr, and regularly check and respond to guild email
- Primary function is to see to the smooth running of the entire guild, including outreach and greeting of new members.
- Qualifications: must feel comfortable speaking in front of a large group of people, organization is necessary and follow through is a must.
- The vice president will perform the duties of the president if needed, including running the monthly meeting. Assist in anyway needed.
- Maintain all online media (blog, Flickr, twitter, etc.), write blog posts including monthly meeting reminder posts, business member interviews, challenge announcements, member spotlights, etc.
- Help prepare for board and guild meetings
- Regularly check and respond to guild email
- Organize charity projects and take control of charity fabrics and kits
- Qualifications: experience blogging, comfortable speaking in front of a large group of people, organization and follow through is a must.
- The primary duty of the PMQG secretary is to take notes during officer's meetings and communicate these to the officers.
- Take photos at all monthly meetings, coordinate Show and Tell, photograph quilts and post to flickr
- The secretary assists in maintaining the blog/website by contributing posts (e.g., writing about other guild events such as shop hops, sewing nights, charity work, etc.
- Qualifications: good writing and organizational skills, plus attention to detail
- Maintain bank and PayPal accounts including preparing monthly/quarterly statements for PMQG, pay bills in a timely manner, including expense reimbursements to members.
- Transfer funds between accounts as needed.
- Collect membership dues, respond to new and renewing members by sending out membership welcome and discount information to all members.
- Update PayPal form on website for correct year and membership fee.
- Maintain membership data, create and send out laminated membership cards and welcome letters and emails.
- Help create and maintain PMQG's online documents and calendar.
- Take care of any guild taxes
- Qualifications: organizational ability, can handle collection of money and keep finances recorded and in order.
- Supports the planning, implementation, maintenance, and documentation of PMQG’s public programs and educational initiatives.
- Develops monthly meeting presentations and recruits program participants
- Actively works on future month's meetings: content, lectures, social events, sewing projects etc.
- Coordinate giveaways or further challenges or events based on the program presented
- Contact businesses and manufacturers to donate to our guild
- Coordinates and oversees guild swaps
- Qualifications: can actively seek new information from people and groups, organizational ability, creativity for our meetings.
To apply, please send the following information to portlandmodernquiltguild (at) gmail (dot) com:
Position(s) applying for:
Qualifications/Why you would be a good fit:
We will hold nominations at our November Guild Meeting. According to our bylaws, we will hold an official election even if there is only one applicant for a position.
We will be accepting applications now through midnight on November 15th, 2013.
Your 2013 Officers: Michelle, Mary Ann, Amber, Anne, and Kimberly