|Botanics Medallion Option A--With Cornerstones|
Option A--With Cornerstones
- Measure your Medallion and confirm that it is 16.5 inches
- Cut 4 strips of fabric 2.5 inches x 16.5 inches
- Cut 4 squares of contrasting fabric 2.5 inches x 2.5 inches.
- Stitch 2 strips to the left and right side of your Medallion. Press seams outward (towards squares)
- Stitch 2 squares to each side of the remaining two strips to create cornerstones. Press seams inward (towards strip)
- Pin strips to top and bottom of block, aligning ends and butting seams together at the cornerstones.
- Stitch and press seams outward.
- Measure to confirm that your Medallion quilt is now 20.5 inches square
|Suzanne's Medallion Option B--Without Cornerstones|
Option B--Without Cornerstones
- Measure and confirm that Medallion is 16.5 inches
- Cut 2 strips at 2.5 inches x 16.5 inches
- Cut 2 strips at 2.5 inches x 20.5 inches
- Attach smaller strips to right and left of Medallion. Press seams outward.
- Attach larger strips to top and bottom. Press seams outward. Measure and confirm that block is now 20.5 inches
Haven't started your Medallion Along yet? You can easily catch up! Go to the 2014 Medallion Along tab at the top of the blog page and scroll down to the bottom to get all of the starting information.