Monday, July 16, 2012

Scrap Republic Book Review


You know I love a good scrap project and when I got the opportunity to review Scrap Republic by Emily Cier I couldn't say no. 


Do you have a million scraps? Yes me too. 
Two things I love about the book are all the beautiful color photos and wonderful illustrations. The book has 8 really good quilts along with a "Solace for the Scrapless" inspiration for each so it's a book for anyone. 


I decided to make a mini version of the Pivot Quilt. 





While I was in Sister's for the Outdoor Quilt Show I was able to finish the top and it had a nice little photo shoot. Thank you to Paula for imparting more of her photo knowledge on me!


Here is the full Pivot Quilt.

I love the color transition but I didn't think it would be as effective small scale and I have a lot of orange, pink, and red scraps so I stuck with those. Rachel has graciously offered to quilt it for me I'll be sure to share when it's done. 

I honestly love all the quilts in the book and there is a good range of quilts for different skill levels.The illustrations are well done and are really concise and easy to understand. There is a great section with tips and techniques at the beginning of the book to get you started. If you are a newer quilter you might need to read over some quilt instructions a few times, I had to at one point, but I wouldn't let that stop you from buying the book! My house mates in Sisters were passing it around and were unanimously impressed. Emily also has a new book Pixel Play coming out in August that you can pre-order right now. 

For all of you Portland Modern Quilt Guild members we will be giving the book away at our meeting this Thursday I hope to see you there. Meeting details will be on the blog tomorrow. 

Pétra

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments but we don't like spam. Thanks for your patience. Your comments will appear soon, we promise!